Sustainability Plan 2016-2020: Investments Forum
University of Melbourne
Copland Theatre (G-06)
198 Berkeley St, Parkville, VIC 3010
The University of Melbourne's Sustainability Charter released in March 2016 set out a revised commitment to "implement investment strategies consistent with the University's commitment to sustainability and its financial and legal responsibilities".
The University has been taking a broad approach by addressing all interactions with the fossil fuel industry, rather than treating investments as a standalone issue.
Have your say on the University's approach at the Sustainability Plan 2016-2020: Investments Forum. Hosted by Maxine McKew, Honorary Fellow at the University of Melbourne, the University community will have a discussion over the most effective approach a university can take to contribute to limiting global warming below 2 degrees.
Speakers will be:
- Professor Don Henry – Melbourne Enterprise Professor of Environmentalism at the University’s Melbourne Sustainable Society Institute (MSSI)
- Professor Cameron Hepburn – Professor of Environmental Economics at the University of Oxford and alumnus of the University (via pre-recorded video)
- Matt Clare – Fossil Free MU member and current first year Juris Doctor student
- Dr Leeora Black – Founder and Managing Director of the Australian Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility (ACCSR)
- Martjin Wilder – Head of Baker & McKenzie’s Global Environmental Markets & Climate Change practice and Adjunct Professor of Climate Change Law at the Australian National University
- An additional member of the Sustainability Executive
This event is open to staff, students, alumni and members of the general public. For more information on the University's continuing conversation on sustainability, please visit: