The inaugural State-of-Energy-Research Conference (SoERC) will be held at the Australian National University in Canberra on the 3rd and 4th July, 2019.
This will be the first research-only conference that highlights the latest advances in energy research in Australia in one location. SoERC has been established by the Energy Research Institutes Council for Australia (ERICA), a peak body of 11 university research institutes.
The event will include high-level plenary overviews with parallel invited talks, industry panel discussions and poster sessions. SoERC will cover all aspects of energy research ranging from fundamental science, engineering and technology, to the energy implementation disciplines of economics, regulation, security, sociology and policy.
- Professor Ross Garnaut, University of Melbourne (Energy Economics & Policy)
- Professor Martin Green, UNSW (Renewable Electricity Generation)
- Professor Maria Forsyth, Deakin University (Energy Storage)
- Dr Lachlan Blackhall, ANU (Energy Systems)
- Dr Chris Dunstan, UTS (Energy Usage and Demand Response)
- Dr Bruce Mountain, Victoria University (Energy Regulation and Governance)
- Professor Michael Brear, University of Melbourne (Transport and Industrial Energy)
- Professor Peta Ashworth, University of Queensland (Fossil Fuels)