New Research Training Program Scholarships 2017
Three pioneering PhD scholarships on offer from Melbourne Energy Institute.
The Melbourne Energy Institute is delighted to announce three PhD scholarships for students with an interest in energy research from disciplines including Science, Engineering, Arts and Economics. In partnership with the Melbourne School of Government, Centre for Market Design and Melbourne School of Engineering we are offering these scholarships to build our research capability in energy and resource economics, community engagement, and energy systems. This is a great chance for a student to join the Melbourne Energy Institute team and work on research problems that will play an important role in shaping Australia’s energy future.
Find out more about the PhD topics on offer and application process via the links below.
- Community engagement, Dr Sara Bice
- Energy Systems, Professor Pierligui Mancarella
- Energy Market Design, Dr David Byrne
2017 Scholarship Details
The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship is very similar to a standard RTP (formerly APA) offering an approximate $30k per year stipend over three years. To be eligible students must have:
- Completed tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a 4-year honours degree at an Australian university with a minimum result equivalent to a first class Honours (80%), or
- Relevant professional experience, or
- Equivalent record of publications
The successful applicants in all scholarships must be up and running by June 2017.
In addition to a standard RTP this scholarship offers the Melbourne Energy Institute's collegial support and international networks, to help you develop your research. The Institute also offers a strong engagement with industry and government to assist in facilitating research outcomes where relevant.
To submit an application please submit:
- A certified copy of your academic transcript, including grading information,
- A copy of your CV, including information on any relevant publications, and
- A 500 word statement of research interests, and brief details on how you would undertake the project
Send these documents via email to email@example.com.
Please note these scholarships are only available to Australian or NZ citizens or Australian permanent residents.